April 23, 2014

Random Act of Kindness













                                                       

Hello my lovelies

Have you ever experienced kindness from someone you don't know, someone who is a complete stranger? When's the last time you did a really nice thing for someone, other than yourself? This is called a Random Act of Kindness. I've watched several episodes of this kind gesture on the TV show "dateline" but never thought I would experience it myself, twice. 

On my way to work one day I got a flat tire. Out of nowhere comes a pickup truck with a man and his two kids in the car. He takes one look at me and realizes that I am a clueless "tenderfoot". What he did next totally surprised me!  He got out of his car, got his stuff, changed my tire, gets back in his truck and drove off. I don't think I even got a chance to get his name. I still think of his gesture as one of the kindest things someone's done for me, especially at a time when I was in dire need to get to work. 

Today, I was again a grateful recipient of a very generous expression of random acts of kindness. I had a very nice lady in front of me at Zaxby's pay for my meal whilst I was on my lunch break. I was at the drive-thru window and when I drove up to pay, the cashier told me that the lady in the car in front of me had paid my ticket and said "Have a blessed day!" I was admittedly caught off-guard. It really brought a smile to my face. Not that I was not able to pay for my own meal, but the fact that a complete stranger would do this for someone they do not know speaks volume. Her kind gesture made me feel a desire to pay it forward and do something nice for someone else too. So my response was to offer to pay for the person behind me....but the nice lady had already covered that one too!


I just want to say thank you to the lady, whoever she is, for her kindness and making me believe people still care, which is sometimes rare these days.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like today's outfit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.