April 28, 2014

Letter to My Daughter (Happy Birthday!)






In honor of her birthday, I decided to write a letter to my little diva.....

My darling Marie-Therese (MT),
You turn seven years old today. Wow, how quickly time flies! You're growing up too fast for mommy. I was looking at some of your old baby pictures and was amazed at how time has flown by. Sometimes I feel like just holding you close and keep you from getting any bigger. I am so proud of you baby girl and all that you have accomplished at such a young age.....started reading at 3 years old, an artist-in-the-making, wears a watch now and can tell the time, a cheerleader, and a soccer player. I relish in your accomplishments.

 As you grow up into a very independent, persistent, and determined young lady, here are a few things I want you to always remember:

1. Do not let anyone make you feel anything other than amazing. And do not let anyone tell you how to act or who to be.

2. I will be beside you every step of the way. I will hold your hand. I will be your biggest cheerleader. I promise to support you in whatever you decide to do in life because I know it is your journey to have.

3. Be yourself. Stay motivated and go after your dreams no matter how unachievable they seem to be at first. Believe in yourself. I believe in you. You are going to be great at whatever you chose to do. The sky is only the beginning.

4. Be your brother's keeper. His best friend. His biggest supporter. His most constructive critic. You love each other so much. I have never seen arguments escalate the way you and your brother do, yet you make up faster than the fights first ignite. Take care of each other and nurture your relationship. You both will need each other for the rest of your lives.

5. You love your daddy so very much. He adores you and you adores him back. I am thankful for that - that you have a daddy. Every little girl deserves to have a daddy no matter what. With him being in your life, I don't have to worry about men taking advantage of you because you will never let them. Your daddy has to set the bar for the men entering your life.

6. Above all, put God first in everything you do. He comes first, and everything else is secondary. He will direct you and crown your efforts with success.




Looking back over the years.....


                                  

I love you with all my heart. You and your brother are my greatest gift and such blessings in my life.


xoxoxo

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.