January 8, 2014

Adieu 2013.....Welcome 2014


2013 has been full of surprises, full of ups and downs, and full of new lessons. The beginning of a new year is the best time to start fresh and get your life moving in the direction you want. So in the spirit of the New Year I wanted to take a moment to set up ambitious, realistic, and personal goals for 2014. Hopefully these written goals will help me stay focused as well as, see a measurable difference in my life. 

So, what I'm I aiming for this year?

Financial Goals
- Increase my income (promotion? new job? relocation?). 
Zero financial debt. Save more, spend less --forgo shopping splurges and other non-essentials. Become less dependent on credit card usage.
- Protection against financial catastrophes (insurance, insurance, insurance!) Without this, the best laid financial plans could be wiped out in an instant. 

Fitness Goals 
- Join gym membership again. Need to get back to my daily exercise routine and get back in top shape (getting to where I will hate putting on clothes because I look better naked, LOL).
- Participate in a charity marathon (I'm shooting for Walk Now for Autism, Susan G Komen breast cancer marathon, or the Georgia Peachtree road race).
- Eat healthier. I need more greens and veggies in my diet.
- Sleep, sleep and more sleep!!

Spiritual Goals 
- Deepen my relationship with my Lord.
- Read the bible daily for understanding and application in my life. 
- Tithing.

 Personal Goals 
- Spend more time disconnecting. From social media. From unnecessary distractions. From potential roadblocks.
- Travel often. Visit at least two countries I have not been to yet.  
- Live life on my own terms. Do not stress over and worry about things outside of my control (something that has never been easy for me). 
- Start working on my dream to have my very own business.
- Redesign this ol' blog of mine. She could use some makeover design love, don't ya think?




"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." - Jordan Belfort

As always, thanks for stopping by! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.