August 6, 2013

I'm Keeping A Daily Journal




Hey there,

I am back from my short hiatus. Things have really been crazy around my neck of the woods. I have a lot going on in my life at the moment that some days I feel like I need to just stop and press the "reset" button.
This led me to get to thinking about going back to my journal writing days. The good ole' days when I wrote about anything and everything going on in my life - family, friends at school, the infamous boy crush lol. Being an introvert, I was not good at expressing my feelings nor seeing the need to talk to someone about what was going on with me. Writing down stuff was my therapy. I remember how calming it was to write freely, pouring out my emotions, and just venting out all my thoughts and dreams on paper. I remember how after writing every entry on my journal I had a sense of peace and clarity. It truly was very therapeutic.

So with everything going on lately and my stress level skyrocketing, I had an idea to go back to my high school days and start writing a journal again. I need a stress reliever to aide me especially on days when I feel no one will understand me. I strongly believe that keeping a daily journal can actually help me slow down and actually think about what's truly happening around me as well as my part in it. Sometimes we are so busy getting caught up in the "rat race" of life that we tend to ignore our feelings and eventually find ourselves off balance. It isn't until we slow down that we can evaluate what really is going on with us every single day.

I am excited to see how this journal thingy will bring out of me. I hope some of you will join me on this new habit and hopefully it will be beneficial to you all.

Thank you for stopping by.....and happy writing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.