May 15, 2013

Need I Say More



"List your 5 closest friends and write down their qualities and personal characteristics - the result: You have just described yourself".


I am sure everyone one of us has experienced one or two toxic friendship in his or her lifetime. Over the last few years I had to cut a number of people out of my life that I felt were dragging me down: ― the promoters of bad habit, the envious ones, the habitual users who don't do for you as much as you do for them, the backstabbers, the ones who always find something negative to say, the blabbermouths/gossipers, those who just didn't want to see me happy or see me be friends with other people, the self-centered, etc. 
I'm a firm believer that any type of friendship you create with someone should enhance your life, not bring you down or cause you stress.  I didn't need that negative energy around me anymore so I promised myself that I would only surround myself with positive people who would uplift me and bring out the best in me. I learned very early that not everyone you keep close to has your best interest at heart.

The decision to cut the ties was not easy at all. These were people that I deeply cared about and loved! There were days I felt very lonely and wished I'd taken a different approach, but the positive outcome far outweigh the negative outcome. Having less friends and eliminating the negative energy and stress allowed me to have more time to spend with my family and be able to bond and nurture my relationship with my truly supportive friends. Cutting the ties made room for positive and genuine people to come and stay in my life. 

I strongly recommend you to fire your friend(s) if you have to! I'm not saying don't have friends at all. Of course not! It's good to have friends. In fact it is necessary to have friends. But too much of something can be problematic. Sometimes having too many friends in your life could be more harm to you than it is good. When you constantly hang around bad company, after a while, you start to mimic them. Their behavior starts rubbing off on you, Why? Because human attitudes and behaviors are infectious.  For instance, if you are surrounded with a bunch of gossipers and nosey people who are interested in knowing everything about other people's lives, guess what happens? You find yourself doing the same thing. 

So, do not hold on to a negative friend(s) just because you have been friends for such a long time that you feel like you owe the person(s) to maintain the friendship. If the friendship is sucking the life out of you it is time to reassess things and switch company. I know this sounds harsh but trust me, letting go of negative energy will be the best decision you'll ever make in your life! Don't worry about not having enough people in your life. It gets better with less people in it. Surround yourself with happy and successful friends who will lift you up, make you want to be a better person, and inspire you to achieve your goals and dreams.


This is YOUR life. Choose wisely who you want to spend it with!






What I'm Wearing

Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Leopard print top: Forever21
Handbag: Steve Madden

As always, thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.