March 14, 2013

Short Shorts



Hello everyone,

Today's look is a little daring for me. I don't do shorts very often. They reveal too dang much and plus, I don't think they look good on me at all! Let me just explain the gravity of my leg situation: (1) I am short to begin with, (2) I do not have the long legs for shorts, (3) My thighs are nothing but dimples, and (4) even though I've lost quite a considerable amount of weight over the years, my thighs never shrunk. No matter how many times I've gone to the gym and work solely on that part of my body, it's just stubborn with a layer of persistent fat I'd rather not discuss. And what about stretch marks??? Hooboy, don't even get me started! It is for the above reasons that I prefer wearing skirts/pants over shorts/mini skirts. 

With this look I'm challenging myself and mentally preparing myself that it's ok to be free and wear whatever I want, and if people are going to stare then let them stare. Do I really have to resort to a life void of flirty miniskirts and short shorts? Of course not! I ought to be comfortable in my own skin. So I present to you a newfound brave me, hanging out, with her legs out, and getting used to the outside world see a part of me I normally cover up. If that doesn't make me more at ease with my body, I don't know what will.







As always, thanks for stopping by oxoxo


What I'm Wearing

1. Peplum Jacket: F21 (similar)
2. Jacquard Shorts: (F21)
3. Accessories: Charming Charlie
4. Shoes: Steve Madden Deja vu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.