February 13, 2013

My "Little Black Dress (LBD)"


"One is never over- or under-dressed with a little black dress" -  Karl Lagerfeldn


Yep! No matter which century you belong to, you can never go wrong with a little black dress. It is timeless, an essential piece in every woman's closet. I wore this outfit this past weekend to attend one of my friend's baptism party for her son. I have a little secret to share with you guys. This isn't really a dress. I paired a black peplum top with a black pencil skirt to create an illusion of a little black dress. I love the peplum trend so much and have been looking for a peplum dress but I couldn't find one that I really like. The ones I came across were either too short or too ill-fitting. So whilst going through my closet trying to figure out what to wear, I pulled out my lace-sleeve peplum top and my pencil skirt and with a little imagination paired the two together.....Voila, my little black dress was invented, peplum style! 






Peplum top (F21 sold out); Pencil Skirt (old); Shoes (shoemint); Clutch (macys)


I don't know about you, but I am soooo loving the peplum trend right now. I can't get enough of it! I hope this fashion trend lives on forever because it is VERY forgiving to a woman's body. Peplum tops/dresses enhances a woman's silhouette and suits every woman regardless of  body size or shape.

So my dear fashionistas out there, do you already have a peplum in your wardrobe? If you do, how do you wear it or what do you pair it with? Or maybe you are being hesitant about whether it will fit you or not? Well, be rest assured that once you give it a try, you will get hooked! Whether you have an hourglass figure, pear-shaped figure, or heavy on top, you will be able to pull it off with just about any ensemble. Think sassy heels, red or dark lips, and a sleek clutch. Plus it's a great outfit to cover up the bloat of an overindulgent stomach :)) 




As always, thanks for stopping by!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.